We are celebrating healthy heart month in March. Here's some great advice from our own Specialty Clinics staff.
Hi, I’m Jon Stidham, manager, Hudson Hospital Specialty Clinics - Welcome to my blog!
Did you know…each year about 715,000 Americans have a heart attack; 600,000 people die from heart disease in the U.S. (that’s 1 out of every 4 deaths); and heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
8 tips for a healthier heart:
• Plan for Prevention - making healthy choices and manage medical conditions you may have.
• Eat a healthy diet – choose healthful meal and snack options
• Maintain a healthy weight
• Exercise regularly - at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
• Monitor your blood pressure
• Don't smoke, limit alcohol use
• Have your cholesterol checked
• Manage your diabetes and take your medicine
Hudson Hospital & Clinic website and social media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional disclaimer information.