Did you know…each year about 715,000 Americans have a heart attack; 600,000 people die from heart disease in the U.S. (that’s 1 out of every 4 deaths); and heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
8 tips for a healthier heart:
- Plan for Prevention - making healthy choices and manage medical conditions you may have.
- Eat a healthy diet – choose healthful meal and snack options
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Exercise regularly - at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
- Monitor your blood pressure
- Don't smoke, limit alcohol use
- Have your cholesterol checked
- Manage your diabetes and take your medicine
Learn more about our Heart Care Clinic and meet our cardiologists.