March is National Nutrition Month! "Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle," by making informed food choices and getting daily exercise.
Hi, I'm Jean Weiler, manager, Nutrition Care, Hudson Hospital & Clinic. Welcome to my blog!
Adopting a healthy lifestyle can promote your overall health and reduce your risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke and even some types of cancer.
Choose tasty and nutrient-rich foods and beverages:
- Fill half your plate at every meal with a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half the grains you eat whole grains, such as whole-wheat bread and pasta, quinoa, barley, oats and brown rice.
- Choose healthy protein sources, such as lean meat and poultry, seafood, beans and peas, eggs and nuts and seeds.
- Eat low-fat dairy foods or if sensitive to dairy try calcium-fortified beverages.
- Limit foods with added sugar, salt, and fat.
Make physical activity part of your daily routine, Find activities that are fun and enjoyable. Set a goal of at least 30 minutes for adults and 60 minutes for children.
Learn more about National Nutrition Month by visiting www.eatright.org/NNM.
Share your healthy eating tips on our Facebook.
Hudson Hospital & Clinic website and social media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional disclaimer information