Welcome to my blog, my name is Jerry Jennings Housekeeping Manager and member of Hudson Hospital & Clinic Green team.
Earth day is Monday, April 22 and celebrate all week long. When it comes to making your workplace greener and more energy efficient, nothing beats a team. Forming a green team is a great way to help reduce waste and increase energy efficiency. To get started:
- Meet with management to get approval and buy-in for the idea. The team will require time, money or both.
- Select your team, encourage co-workers with a passion for the topic of green or the environment from different areas of your organization to participate. Having a member from your senior leadership is a great place to start.
- Identify project areas and opportunities. Consider a recycling project to kick off your program. This is normally an area that all staff can participate in.
- Get a baseline for where you are now, track your progress.
- Celebrate success; recognize the contributions of your team. Send out a newsletter to share the improvements you have made.
The efforts of your green team can lead to happier and more productive employees while benefiting the environment.
Hudson Hospital & Clinic website and social media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional disclaimer information