Hi, I’m Paige Lewis, Childbirth & Family Educator, Hudson Hospital Birth Center. Welcome to my blog!
If you are planning a family, expecting your first child, or growing your family – I invite you to learn about our Birth Center & Family Education offerings at Hudson Hospital. We offer a variety of classes and educational opportunities for expectant moms and dads and also grandparents. Small class sizes offer the opportunity to connect with fellow participants in a relaxed setting; and we offer unique personalized learning opportunities. Here’s a snapshot of our childbirth and family classes:
• Childbirth Class Five-Week Series
• Childbirth Class Weekend Series
• Childbirth Refresher Class
• Parent Education & Support Group
• Twins and Multiples Group
• Personalized Childbirth Teaching
• Breastfeeding Class
• Infant Massage Class
• Big Brother, Big Sister Class
• Baby Building Nutrition Class
• American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Course
Classes are taught by various instructors (lactation counselors, infant and child massage instructors and speech and language pathologist). We also have variety of guest speakers including a Birth Center nurse, guest provider (physician or midwife) answering questions on last session, and personal birth experiences are shared as we discuss transitioning home with a new baby. We offer various topics of interest and guest speakers at the New Parents Group featuring special things like Mommy/Daddy and Baby Yoga. Some of the topics include:
• Lactation Counselor answers breastfeeding questions, checks baby's weight
• Social Services discusses postpartum depression and family dynamics after a new baby
• Registered Dietitian discusses transitioning to solid foods and nutrition for infants
• Volunteer Services and Therapy dog visit
• Pediatrician answers questions from the group
Visit the Birth Center & Family Classes web page to learn more.
Join the conversation about our Birth Center & Family Education Classes on Facebook.