Hi, I'm Deb Raptis, RN, nurse manager for Hudson Hospital Emergency Center. Welcome to my blog!
As you set your course for holiday travels, remember these helpful safe holiday traveling tips:
- Get plenty of rest before you leave for a road trip.
- Have your car examined before you leave – you would not want to get stranded in a strange place or far away from the nearest hotel, gas station, restaurant… in the cold!
- Pack a winter safety kit for the car – cell phone and charger, ice scraper, tow rope and jumper cables, blankets, gallon of water, small supply of food, flashlights, matches and emergency candles, first aid kit.
- Make frequent rest stops – winter driving is much more fatiguing than in the summer.
- Avoid distractions – do not look at your phone, let your passengers change the radio, keep snacks and drinks easily within reach so you do not have to take your eyes off the road.
Keep kids in their proper sized car seats at all times!
Happy Holidays and Safe Travels!
Hudson Hospital & Clinic website and social media does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional disclaimer information.