Thank you for considering Hudson Hospital & Clinic for your education and care. Families living throughout the St. Croix Valley area have convenient opportunities for maternity, birth, and family education at Hudson Hospital & Clinic. Class sizes are small, offering the opportunity to connect well with others in a relaxed setting as you learn the secrets and celebrations of nurturing a healthy family.
- American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Course - American Red Cross Babysitter's Training Course is a popular course for young people to learn leadership and babysitting skills while boosting their confidence. Youth ages 11 to 15 learn child care, first aid, leadership and communication skills. Class size is limited (must attend both days). A $75 registration fee per child includes materials, snacks, and beverages.
- Baby Building Nutrition Class - Are you pregnant or thinking about starting a family? Do you want to make sure you taking all of the right steps to ensure the health of you and your baby? You will learn about nutrition in preparation for conception, healthy nutrition during pregnancy and healthy nutrition for breastfeeding. Handouts and recipes will be provided. Class is led by a Licensed and Registered Dietitian.
- Baby Sign Language Class - Babies can control their arms and hands before they develop the oral motor skills necessary for speech, so signing allows babies and toddlers to express their thoughts before they can speak. Great for both babies and their caregivers!
- Big Brother, Big Sister Class - To prepare yourself and your children for the arrival of the new baby, this class teaches sibling-related activities and provides guidance for parents in common challenging situations. The class includes a tour of the labor, delivery and nursery areas of the hospital, special video and activities. Be sure to bring a doll or teddy bear for diaper practice.
- Grandparents Class - This workshop brings new grandparents up to date on changing trends in childbirth and is a refresher course on infant care and safety. Discussion will include how to be supportive after the baby is born. A tour of the Birth Center will be included.
- Infant & Child Massage Class - Whether your baby is a newborn or a toddler, massage can bring immediate and lasting benefit such as improved sensory awareness, improved digestion and reduced stress caused by gas, teething or colic - as well as a special time for bonding through comforting touch.
- Parents Education & Support Group - Share support and encouragement with others who are experiencing similar joys and concerns of parenting. This ongoing drop-in group meets in a relaxed environment twice a month. Topics rotate from general facilitated support discussions to more formal educational lessons with guest speakers.
- Class sizes are limited and classes are popular. To ensure completion of the class or class series in a comfortable time frame before the birth, register early.
- Payment of class registration fees is due at time of registration.
- Contact your insurance provider directly for possibility of reimbursement. Receipts are available upon request.
- In the event of low enrollment, classes may be cancelled, rescheduled or combined with other scheduled dates. In the event of high enrollment, alternative class dates may be added to ensure a small and personalized teaching environment.
- In the event of bad weather or poor driving conditions, please call Hudson Hospital & Clinic at (715) 531-6000 to verify if class has been cancelled.
- Refunds cannot be given after the class has begun. If medical conditions prevent you from participating, please notify the instructor for rescheduling or refund information.
- To receive additional information about any class opportunity contact Paige Lewis, Childbirth & Family Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 531-6029.