Thank you for considering Hudson Hospital & Clinic for your education and care. Families living throughout the St. Croix Valley area have convenient opportunities for maternity, birth, and family education at Hudson Hospital & Clinic. Class sizes are small, offering the opportunity to connect well with others in a relaxed setting as you learn the secrets and celebrations of nurturing a healthy family.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Paige Lewis, Birth Center & Family Educator at (715) 531-6029 or email@example.com.
Childbirth Prenatal Classes Offered:
Childbirth Class Five-Week Series
- Five classes helps parents prepare for childbirth
- Topics: physical and emotional changes during pregnancy, labor and childbirth; vaginal and Cesarean birth; birthing techniques; relaxations; comfort and breathing techniques; role of birthing companion; labor pain medication options; mother and baby care; unexpected outcomes; transitioning home with baby; and working with your medical care staff.
- Includes a tour of labor, delivery and nursery areas of the hospital.
Childbirth Class Weekend Express
- Two-session “express” class to help parents prepare for childbirth.
- Topics are the same as those taught in the Childbirth Class Five-Week Series. This express class offers a condensed format and convenient weekend hours to accommodate busy schedules.
- Includes a tour of Hudson Hospital Birth Center.
Childbirth Refresher Class
- Review of the labor and birth process for parents with previous birth and class experience.
- Topics: relaxation and breathing techniques, and pain management options.
- Includes a tour the labor, delivery and nursery areas of the hospital.
- One class
- Learn the benefits of breastfeeding for mom, baby and the family during this single-session class.
- Topics: physiology of milk production, positioning techniques, partner's involvement, managing your schedule around baby's needs and information about choosing and using a breast pump.
- Personalized Childbirth Teaching - Private and personalized teaching is conveniently available for partners and women with special needs. Cost includes materials.
Call (715) 531-6029 to get started
Additional information about classes:
- For questions contact Paige Lewis, Childbirth & Family Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 531-6029.
- Class sizes are limited and classes are popular. To ensure completion of the class or class series in a comfortable time frame before the birth, register early.
- Payment of class registration fees is due at time of registration.
- Contact your insurance provider directly for possibility of reimbursement. Receipts are available upon request.
- In the event of low enrollment, classes may be cancelled, rescheduled or combined with other scheduled dates. In the event of high enrollment, alternative class dates may be added to ensure a small and personalized teaching environment.
- In the event of bad weather or poor driving conditions, please call Hudson Hospital & Clinic at (715) 531-6000 to verify if class has been cancelled.
- Refunds cannot be given after the class has begun. If medical conditions prevent you from participating, please notify the instructor for rescheduling or refund information.