Neurologists treat patients with diseases and disorders of the brain and nervous system. Services provided include hospital and outpatient evaluation, consultation and medical management, and coordination with medical and surgical specialties. Our neurologists work closely with primary care and specialty physicians to coordinate care for patients. All of our neurologists are certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or are board eligible. They treat patients with a wide range of neurological conditions.
HealthPartners Clinic Hudson Information
Common diagnostic tests:
- CT Scan - (Computerized Axial Tomography Scan) An axial x-ray of a particular body part (usually brain). The test takes about 2-3 minutes and is completely painless.
- EMG - (Electrical Myography) Recording of the electrical activity generated in the muscle by inserting a thin needle into the belly of the muscle. EMG is usually done in conjunction with NCV.
- EEG - (Electroencephalogram) An “electrical brain test” that consists of placing several electrodes (small discs) on the scalp using “sticky” paste and recording brain activity for approximately 20 minutes. (Scheduled at Westfields Hospital & Clinic or Amery Hospital & Clinic).
- Carotid Ultrasound - Imaging of the carotid arteries in your neck with ultrasound. This test will take about 30 minutes.
- MRI - (Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Angiography) A non-invasive diagnostic exam which allows your physician to better visualize your brain and spinal cord
Meet the doc: