Your Birth Center Team
Prenatal Care Provider
This member of the maternity team is responsible for your care during pregnancy and the delivery of your child. At Hudson Hospital & Clinic, you can choose from:
- An obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN), who specializes in the care of women and the delivery of babies.
- A family medicine physician, who provides care during pregnancy and delivery and, if desired, over the lifetime of you and your child.
- A midwife, who specializes in the care of women during pregnancy, provides support during labor/ birth by tailoring each woman’s care to her individual needs in addition to providing lactation support, and general care from adolescence through menopause.
Choosing Hudson Hospital & Clinic Birth Center
Once you enter the hospital, your labor and delivery nurses will be by your side, helping you through labor and assisting the doctor with delivery. Our mother/baby nurses ensure that you and your baby are well cared for before you take the little one home. As many mothers can attest, more time is spent with the nurses during the birthing experience than with any other member of the care team. By choosing Hudson Hospital & Clinic Birth Center, you’re choosing the best!
Pediatric Care Provider
Once your child is born, you’ll need a physician to monitor your baby in the hospital and to provide care as your child grows. Medical care for your baby can be provided by:
- A pediatrician, who is a physician specializing in the care of children from birth to adulthood.
- If you desire the same physician from prenatal care through delivery and into pediatric care, you would select a family medicine physician.