When injury, illness, or post-surgical conditions slow you down, rehabilitative therapy can play a crucial role in improving your life, help to speed your recovery and decrease your chance of re-injury. A skilled therapist can guide you toward recovery and has much to offer even when you are healthy. Our Rehabilitation Center promotes a Fitness and Wellness model focusing on overall health. Whether you are recovering from injury or illness, or simply want to stay healthy and fit, we offer you access to highly trained and skilled therapists. You also have access to a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and Fitness & Wellness Studio located on campus.
We offer both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as community fitness and wellness programming aimed to keep you happier and healthier.
Therapy services include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation (planned to open March 2017)
- Therapeutic Recreation Services
- Fitness and Wellness Services
Meet Our Rehab Therapy Team
Meet our Cardiopulmonary Team (coming soon in March 2017)
Neck and Back Care-the Right Program for the Right Pain
You Use Your Hands Every Day
Rehabilitation Center Information
Appointments: (715) 531-6400
Hours: M-Th 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
F 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Hudson Hospital & Clinic
Rehabilitation Center Services:
Physical Therapy - focuses on safe, efficient and pain-free movement, such as when getting up from a chair or lying in bed, walking, running, or climbing stairs. A physical therapist often helps with sports-related activities.
- Sports injuries, concussions, vestibular conditions
- Balance and coordination issues
- Strength and flexibility
- Uses a combination of exercise and hands-on skills to help individuals reach their goals following injury or illness while assisting with pain management
- Combats the effects of aging or an unhealthy lifestyle
Our staff have additional skills in edema and lymphedema management, wound care, cancer recovery and neurorehabilitation after an event such as a stroke or a diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease or Multiple Sclerosis.
Occupational Therapy - focuses on the mental and physical aspects of performing activities of everyday life. An occupational therapist often helps with hand injuries and /or regaining movement and function after surgery.
- Self-care activities such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating
- Activities performed in the home, at school or work
- Helps to regain lost skills or improve existing abilities
- Centers on the use of the hands and arms, in planning tasks as well as performing them
- Provides hand and wrist splints and other devices to improve function, reduce pain or compensate for lost abilities
- Assess cognition to make recommendatons regarding assistance neeeded for safety
Speech/Language Pathology - focuses on the mental and physical aspects of communication
- Addresses the reception of communication, such as processing visual, auditory and other cues or messages and the expression of thought through speech or other means
- Applies techniques to improve swallowing and breathing, as well as memory, analysis and synthesis of information
Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapy - focuses on the function of the heart in order to maintain the other body systems.
- Addresses heart dysfunction in the presence of certain illnesses or diseases and following cardiac events such as heart attack or surgery
- Ensures the heart is functioning properly and responding to the demands placed upon it by work, play and everyday activity
- Provides education encompassing stress management, exercise and proper diet and other lifestyle changes
- Assists individuals to transition to regular fitness activities after completing rehabilitation
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Therapy - Coming soon in March 2017!
Fitness and Wellness Services - qualified professionals focus to improve overall health for individuals seeking guidance regarding their needs
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Services - focuses on an individual's abilities, health and overall wellbeing.
- Recreational therapy is provided to patients admitted to the hospital to recover from a serious illness or injury
- Assists individuals to discover their potential to participate in both recreational an fitness activities bases on their specific interests
- Helps individuals maintain a positive outlook during their hospitalization, in order to return to their typical activities after discharge
Fitness and Wellness Services offered:
- Community Fitness Memberships
- Aquatic Fitness Classes and Services
- Studio Fitness Classes and Instruction