When injury, illness, or post-surgical conditions slow you down, rehabilitative therapy can play a crucial role in improving your life, help to speed your recovery and decrease your chance of re-injury. A skilled therapist can guide you toward recovery and has much to offer even when you are healthy. Our Rehabilitation Center promotes a Fitness and Wellness model focusing on overall health. Whether you are recovering from injury or illness, or simply want to stay health and fit, we offer you access to highly trained and skilled therapists. You also have access to a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and Fitness & Wellness Studio right on campus.
We offer both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as community fitness and wellness programming aimed to keep you happier and healthier.
Therapy services include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic Recreation Services
- Fitness and Wellness Services
Rehabilitation Center Information
Appointments: (715) 531-6400
Hours: M-Th 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
F 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Hudson Hospital & Clinic
Rehabilitation Center Services:
Physical Therapy - focuses on safe, efficient and pain-free movement, such as when getting up from a chair or lying in bed, walking, running, or climbing stairs. A physical therapist often helps with sports-related activities.
- Balance and coordination issues
- Strength and flexibility
- Uses a combination of exercise and hands-on skills to help individuals reach their goals following injury or illness
- Combats the effects of aging or an unhealthy lifestyle
- Sports injuries, concussions, vestibular conditions
Our staff have additional skills in edema and lymphedema management, wound care, cancer recovery and neurorehabilitation after an event such as a stroke or a diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease or Multiple Sclerosis.
Occupational Therapy - focuses on the mental and physical aspects of performing activities of everyday life.
- Self-care activities such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating
- Activities performed in the home, at school or work
- Helps to regain lost skills or improve existing abilities
- Centers on the use of the hands and arms, in planning tasks as well as performing them
- Provides hand and writs splints and other devices to improve function, reduce pain or compensate for lost abilities
Speech/Language Pathology - focuses on the mental and physical aspects of communication
- Addresses the reception of communication, such as processing visual, auditory and other cues or messages and the expression of thought through speech or other means
- Applies techniques to improve swallowing and breathing, as well as memory, analysis and synthesis of information
Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapy - focuses on the function of the heart in order to maintain the other body systems.
- Addresses heart dysfunction in the presence of certain illnesses or diseases and following cardiac events such as heart attack or surgery
- Ensures the heart is functioning properly and responding to the demands placed upon it by work, play and everyday activity
- Provides education encompassing stress management, exercise and proper diet and other lifestyle changes
- Assists individuals to transition to regular fitness activities after completing rehabilitation
Fitness and Wellness Services - qualified professionals focus to improve overall health for individuals seeking guidance regarding their needs
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Services - focuses on an individual's abilities, health and overall wellbeing.
- Combats the factors that make us unhealthy
- Helps individuals master their own wellbeing
- Avoid the need for restorative therapy services
- Provided to patients admitted to the hospital to recover from a serious illness or injury
- Assists individuals to discover their potential to participate in both recreational an fitness activities bases on their specific interests
- Helps individuals maintain a positive outlook during their hospitalization, in order to return to their typical activities after discharge
Fitness and Wellness Services offered:
- Community Fitness Memberships
- Well-being Assessments
- Aquatic Fitness Classes and Services
- Studio Fitness Classes and Instruction