We're looking for gardeners this spring for the new Community Garden at Hudson Hospital & Clinic.
The garden, one of the St. Croix County Community Health Improvement Process (CHIP) initiatives, was created to address nutrition and physical activity health issues. The goal is to increase the number of community gardens in the county and expand participation within.
Did you know community gardens are a:
• Retreat from noise and commotion
• Outlet for recreation and physical activity
• Means to improve your diet and consume more locally grown produce
• Way to reduce your family food budget
• Opportunity to connect socially with others
Reserve your plot today —
• (36) 10' x 20' plots available
• Special sizes available upon request
• Cost $15 each; $10 refundable at year-end
• Orientation offered to pre-registered gardeners on April 30
To learn more about the community garden, volunteer opportunities, or to reserve a plot call the garden hotline at 715/531-6008.
Volunteer Position Available
Do you have a green thumb, a passion for gardening, and 5-10 hours a week to donate?
We are looking for a Volunteer Community Garden Lead to assist. If interested, call Jean Weiler
at 715/531-6460 for more information.