(Stillwater, Minn.) –You’re invited to PowerUp 4 Kids Week, May 9-16, throughout the St. Croix Valley!
PowerUp 4 Kids Week is a time to celebrate and get inspired with fun activities that help kids and families eat better and be active. Health experts predict that today’s kids won’t have as long or healthy lives as adults do, unless something changes. PowerUp 4 Kids Week is a chance for our communities to come together and do what is best for kids, so that they grow up healthy and strong.
PowerUp 4 Kids Week kicks off Saturday May 9, at Stillwater Junior High School with an inspiring presentation by Lisa Rambo, Biggest Loser Contestant, national speaker and local mom. Lisa will offer easy ideas, recipes and inspiration to PowerUp Family Meals on a Budget, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. This event will also have activities for the entire family, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., including supervised open gym, rock-climbing walls, activities, crafts and more! The event is FREE, but please register at powerup4kids.org/week
Plus, families can join the PowerUp celebration all week long:
- Tuesday, May 12, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Veggie Giveaway - Somerset Stillwater Medical Group Clinic
- Wednesday, May 13, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.Meet Chomp and Win Prizes - Stillwater Area community locations
- Friday, May 15, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.PowerUp Open Gym with Human Foosball - Hudson Middle School
- Saturday, May 16, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Giant PowerUp Obstacle Course and Bike Safety Rodeo – New Richmond, Westfields Hospital & Clinic
- Saturday, May 16, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.Bike Safety Rodeo and Open Gym - Mahtomedi, Wildwood Elementary School All events throughout the PowerUp 4 Kids Week are free and open to the public. Get all the details and learn more about how you can PowerUp, take the PowerUp pledge, or become a partner or sponsor at powerup4kids.org/week.
About PowerUp * PowerUp for Kids Week is part of PowerUp, a community-wide initiative to make our communities a place where it’s easy, fun and popular for kids to eat well and be active. It is a long-term commitment to create healthier communities in partnership with schools, businesses, health care, civic groups, families, kids and the entire community. PowerUp is committed to working collaboratively to help kids in the Valley to be healthy today and reach their full potential in life! PowerUp is supported by Lakeview Health Foundation and HealthPartners, in partnership with Lakeview Hospital, Stillwater Medical Group, Hudson Hospital & Clinic and Westfields Hospital & Clinic.