Stillwater, Minn. — May 7 through May 14 is PowerUp 4 kids Week in the St. Croix Valley and you’re invited to participate! PowerUp for Kids Week is part of PowerUp, a community-wide initiative to make our communities a place where it’s easy, fun and popular for kids and families
to eat well and be active. Why’s this important? Health experts predict that today’s kids won’t have as long or healthy lives as adults do, unless their nutrition and physical activity habits change. PowerUp for Kids Week is a chance for our communities to come together to do what’s best for kids so that they grow up healthy and strong.
During PowerUp 4 Kids Week, several activities will be held in your community. Among the fun events are Kids’ Dances; Veggie Giveaways; Bike Safety Rodeos; Cooking Classes; and a PowerUp Family 2K Walk/Run race. Of course, there’ll be prizes! See below for the list of events.
Are you up for a challenge?
In addition to all of the fun activities during PowerUp 4 Kids Week, we’re inviting you, your family and friends to participate in the Try for 5 Community Challenge. This is a one-week challenge that encourages everyone to track the number of fruits and veggies they eat. The goal is to try for five or more. Need help tracking? Visit powerup4kids.org/week and download the free tracker. Report your tracking online and win a prize and get entered into a drawing for a bike. Once the challenge is over, PowerUp will report which St. Croix Valley community tried the most fruits and veggies; help your community win!
PowerUp for Kids Week Schedule of Events:
Saturday, May 7
- PowerUp Kids Party with Kids Dance + More
- Put on your dancing shoes and party with PowerUp! 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Outdoor Tent Event, Valley Ridge Mall Parking Lot – Stillwater
- PowerUp Family 2K Walk/Run Race
- On your mark, set…go! 8:45 a.m. (arrive); race begins at 9:15 a.m., Soo Line Park – Amery Pavilion
- Registration required.
Monday, May 9
- Kids Dance + Bike Safety Rodeo
- Rock and Roll outside at Wildwood Elementary – Mahtomedi 5 to 7 p.m.,
- Kids Dance + Open Gym
- Show off your moves at Somerset Middle School – Somerset 5 to 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 10
- PowerUp FREE Veggie Giveaway
- 5 to 7 p.m., Stillwater Medical Group (Mahtomedi Clinic) – Mahtomedi
Wednesday, May 11
- PowerUp FREE Veggie Giveaway
- 3 to 5 p.m., Hudson Hospital & Clinic – Hudson
- 5 to 7 p.m., Stillwater Medical Group (Somerset Clinic) – Somerset
Thursday, May 12
- Special Documentary: Screenagers - Growing up in the Digital Age
- Hosted by Youth Service Bureau & PowerUp
- 6 to 8 p.m., Stillwater High School, Registration required
Friday, May 13
- Kids Dance + Open Gyms
- 6:15 to 8:15 p.m., Hudson Middle School – Hudson
- 6:15 to 8:15 p.m., Lien Elementary School – Amery
Saturday, May 14
- Westfields Community Health Fair with Kids Dance + Bike Safety Rodeo, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Westfields Hospital & Clinics – New Richmond
- PowerUp Kids Cooking Class, 11 a.m. to Noon – The Hungry Turtle Kitchen – Amery
- Registration required
All events during PowerUp 4 Kids Week are free and open to the public. Get all the details and learn more about how you can PowerUp, take the PowerUp pledge, or become a partner or sponsor at powerup4kids.org/week.
PowerUp for Kids Week is part of PowerUp, a community-wide initiative to make our communities a place where it’s easy, fun and popular for kids to eat well and be active. It is a long-term commitment to create healthier communities in partnership with schools, businesses, health care, civic groups, families, kids and the entire community. PowerUp is committed to working collaboratively to help kids in the Valley to be healthy today and reach their full potential in life! PowerUp is supported by Lakeview Health Foundation and HealthPartners, in partnership with Lakeview Hospital, Stillwater Medical Group, Hudson Hospital and Clinic and Westfields Hospital and Clinic.