Schedule: Thursday, April 29, 9 a.m.-Noon
Cost: Free Health Screening
Location: Hudson Hospital & Clinic Conference Center
Who Should Attend: Older adults who have experienced a fall or are concerned about falling for any reason.
Registration: Registration required. Call the Health Resource Center at (715) 531-6250.
What to Expect:
- Bring a list of your prescribed and over-the-counter medications
- You will meet with health professionals individually to complete assessments
- Caregivers or support persons are encouraged to accompany
- Expect to spend a minimum of 60 minutes and leave with a plan for your better health and safety
Falling, whether due to slippery stairs or health-related reasons like dizziness or weakened eyesight, can be physically and emotionally devastating.
Most falls result in an injury. With luck, there will only be a scrape or bruise, but many falls result in broken bones with temporary or permanent loss of independence.
We'd like to greatly reduce your chances of falling. So, how do you know if you or a loved one has a higher risk to fall? and if so, what can we do about it?
Attend our free screening and assessment event and receive information and resources to better empower continued independence and safety.
During the screening, participants will meet with a variety of health professionals trained to help identify an individual's risk for falling. This comprehensive approach will use physical screenings and assessment tools in seven key areas known to contribute to falling, including:
- Balance and posture
- Obstacles in the home environment
- Agility and confidence in performing routine high risk activities
- Emotional wellness
- Medication review
- Vision, feet and hypertension
After the screening, participants will benefit by a one-on-one consultation that includes a screening summary, personalized recommendations and referral to additional resources.